Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.
Please see attached Coolangatta TAF3 question on the bottom of Page 150 (ETA 1345 question), I'm not sure I agree with any of the options provided
Shouldn't the answer be:
fuel to proceed to an alternate or 60 mins holding fuel is required
Per the TAF3 forecast, the PROB30 for TS is endorsed with a TEMPO. Therefore, wouldn't the PIC have both alternate and holding options available to him/her? (per ENR 1.1 para 10.7.2.5)
If the 'TEMPO' was not present, I would agree with option
(a) fuel to proceed to an alternate is required
Since without the 'TEMPO', the PROB30 forecast would meet the conditions of ENR 1.1 para 10.7.2.1 (d), where the PIC MUST provide for a suitable alternate aerodrome.
If anyone could confirm or point out anything I missed in my thoughts above, that would be really appreciated.