Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

2 questions for the forum

• pannier
  • Topic Author

pannier created the topic: 2 questions for the forum

Dear All,

Just 2 questions..

1. If the word "charter" appears in a fuel question, do I automatically include a variable reserve of 15%?

2. For EOD questions, should I always assume and calculate that the acft must be in the cct area 10 minutes before EOD and use that time as the time to work backwards from to get the latest departure time from the place of departure?

Exam Tuesday week!

Many thanks for previous help. It is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: 2 questions for the forum

Gday pannier,

1. Spot on!
2. Spot on! (for exam questions, in practice though you might be cutting it fine :silly: )

Remember not to include any reserves in that 10min before EOD..

Cheers,

Talk about a quick reply eh? Right place, right time :lol:

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: 2 questions for the forum

If a question specifies a charter flight then you certainly do need to include the variable reserve. The exam assumes you are complying with the recommendations of the CAAP 234.

As far as the 10 minutes is concerned, if a question asks for the hours of daylight 'available', then you need not consider the 10 minutes, because the 10 mins is available i.e. you are not illegal if you use it - but you must not PLAN to use it.

On the other hand, if a questions asked how many hours of daylight are available for PLANNING a flight, then you must consider the 10 mins.

• pannier
  • Topic Author

pannier replied the topic: Re: 2 questions for the forum

Wow! talk about lightning speed!

Thank you very much again!

• pannier
  • Topic Author

pannier replied the topic: Re: 2 questions for the forum

It's the fine detail that gets you!

The ways of the cyber exams are subtle, indeed. Got both q wrong based on my lack of knowledge of those two important points.

But now...forewarned is forearmed!

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds