Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Markers

• Topic Author

818861 created the topic: Markers

Can someone help me understand this question,

A
|
|
|
|
|
|
B

FPT has been prepared with six minute markers if the aircraft is four minutes late at the second marker how late will it be at B?? i don't get how it works and how it will be 2min late for every marker?

What if you where 2mins late at the first marker how late would you be also?

Thanks to anyone that can help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Markers

This question is assuming that the reason why you are late is because your ground speed is less than you planned. Therefore, if you are four minutes late at the second marker, you are flying slower than you planned. The original flight plan indicated that each marker would take six minutes, however, the flight from the beginning of the trip to the second marker has taken four minutes longer than you thought. You planned on it taking 12 minutes to reach the second marker but it has taken you four minutes longer i.e. 12 + 4 = 16 minutes. So each marker is taking you 8 minutes instead of 6 minutes. Therefore you will continue to be two minutes late for each of the remaining markers.

• Topic Author

818861 replied the topic: Markers

Thanks a lot bob for helping me understand this question.

Kindest regards
Dan

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds