Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Displaced thresholds & tora

• Neville75
  • Topic Author

Neville75 created the topic: Displaced thresholds & tora

Can someone please help to clarify my confusion regarding displaced thresholds?

If a RWY has a TORA of say 1000m published in RDS ERSA, and the entry mentions a displaced threshold - say 50m, would the LDA become 950m (ie we can commence our take off roll on the displaced portion of the runway, but only commence our landing from the remainder of the runway?

I assume that the displaced portion of the runway (because it's ok to run over) will be part of the LDA on the reciprocal runway?

I'm trying to draw a diagram for Gladstone, RWY 10 and piecing the bits together.
Thanks
Nev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Displaced thresholds & tora

If the threshold is displaced then the LDA will be reduced. The DT is still available for TOR. I am sure i will be corrected if wrong, but a DT will not necessarily reduce your LDA on the reciprocating runway. that is, if runway 36 has a DT of 50 metres, the LDA for RWY18 could be 50m longer then RWY36.

• Neville75
  • Topic Author

Neville75 replied the topic: Displaced thresholds & tora

Thanks Bungee. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track before my exam today - which I passed. Made a couple of errors on weight and balance questions, but I'm happily enjoying the "present moment" now all exams are finished.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds