Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Book Error?

• shreyasrawat
  • Topic Author

shreyasrawat created the topic: Book Error?

Hi Bob. I believe the answer on page 130 for question 5 of the PNR question set is 109 gallons however the answer says A (104). Is this an error? Also can you please explain why is shows 17.25 for reserves when the data says it’s 17? It’s a small thing but I know the answer would change quite a bit with the difference

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Book Error?

G'day
You must have an older copy as that answer has been updated to the new fuel requirements and appears correct

as for not rounding it's not going to make that much difference

Cheers
Attachments:

• shreyasrawat
  • Topic Author

shreyasrawat replied the topic: Book Error?

Thanks Stuart.

My next question relates to page 244 question 7 of the CPL practise exam 1.

Instead of going through the whole beatle diagram and working out trip fuel etc, is it possible and legitimate to start with 2360 and then minus the weights to find the remaining payload allowed? Is it necessary to go through all the steps even though we know the MZFW is 2630 anyway?

Cheers

• shreyasrawat
  • Topic Author

shreyasrawat replied the topic: Book Error?

Bump...

• jakeh

jakeh replied the topic: Book Error?

Hi guys

I have an issue with this answer but not the same one as above..

Shouldn't we be calculating the fixed reserve of the holding fuel rate as per the CAAP?

"The amount of fuel, expressed as a period of time, for a helicopter conducting
an IFR flight, an aeroplane or an airship, required to fly at holding speed at
1,500 feet above aerodrome elevation at ISA conditions,"

Everything else I have come across calculates fixed reserve at holding rate. Any reason why with this question we are asked to calculate it at cruise rate?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Book Error?

The CAAP is 'advice' not 'law'. If a particular question says that your company chooses to calculate the fixed reserve at cruise rate then that's what needs to be done. On the other hand, if the question says that your company chooses to comply with the CAAP, then you would calculate the fixed reserve according to the CAAP.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds