Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Fuel Calculations in CPL Performance Book (Dec 2021 updated.) Review Questions

• Thank you received: 0

stevemcl created the topic: Fuel Calculations in CPL Performance Book (Dec 2021 updated.) Review Questions

Hello list,

I am a bit confused with the fuel calculations in some of the questions in the book.

Using Question 14 in Review Questions Set 1 (referring to the Echo) as an example - pg. 224.

In finding Minimum fuel where Trip Fuel is 55.9 gallons the answer on pg. 239 says;
55.9 gal
152 kg
Min Fuel = 152 + 27.2 = 180 kg

Where did the 27.2 come from?

I have tried to add Echo Final Reserve and Taxi 15 + 3 = 18 gals = 49 kg ?

I'm sure its something really simple.

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 837

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Fuel Calculations in CPL Performance Book (Dec 2021 updated.) Review Questions

G'day Steve

Could you please post a screenshot of the question, as you must have an older copy and I'm having trouble tracking down the question.

Cheers

stevemcl replied the topic: Fuel Calculations in CPL Performance Book (Dec 2021 updated.) Review Questions

Hi Stuart,

Check out question 14 and its answer.

I noticed the same errors (if they are) in previous beetle diagrams for fuel calculations. (About half a dozen other exercise questions with beetles.)

Cheers,
Steve
Attachments:

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Fuel Calculations in CPL Performance Book (Dec 2021 updated.) Review Questions

G'day Steve

You had us running in circles, But I have realised you received a first release copy after the amendments, The first batch, the incorrect version of the Guide was sent to the printer, we caught it but a few copies were sent out. They are supposed to have a errata document to
update the errors, I'm guessing you didn't receive one.

I'll attach the Errata file and you will see the correct questions.

Sorry for the inconvenience we do our best to avoid problems such as these, but we're only human.

Cheers
Attachments:

stevemcl replied the topic: Fuel Calculations in CPL Performance Book (Dec 2021 updated.) Review Questions

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the update.

I have the first two pages of errata, however the question is on page 224 with answer on page 239 and these pages are not included, even in your latest updates.

Cheers,
Steve

Here you go
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevemcl

Excellent, thanks.
This has been the most challenging subject yet.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds