Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

PPL Study + Info About SPL

• Pavan_Pilot15
  • Topic Author

Pavan_Pilot15 created the topic: PPL Study + Info About SPL

Hi Guys,
To Start off, I think this site is a great advantage for young pilots like myself and many others out there. My Name is Pavan and I am a 14 (Turning 15 in a few Months) Year old Pilot Flying in Moorabbin Airport and I would like to know some information about the PPL and SPL I recently started flying (approx.6 Months ago) and I loved it since. I recently got to know about SPL is it something they do it here in Victoria? and Also could you guys outline all the exams that I have to do in order to Pass the SPL (if it exists in VIC) and PPL?

This will help a lot, Currently I am Climbing and Turns Briefing! Thank You for all your assistance in Advance. B) B) :P :P
-Pavan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: PPL Study + Info About SPL

CASA has a lot of resources on their website. This link is a good starting point for all the info you need. Just keep in mind that from the 3rd December some of the licensing changes.
www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90018

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL Study + Info About SPL

Hi Pavan and welcome to the forums and the awesme world of flying :)

Bungee posted a great link there and the specifics on the student licence are :
Basically, there are no exams for the SPL but you will need to pass the BAK theory exam set by your flying school before you can go for the GFPT flight test. They may also have other pre-solo and pre-area solo exams for you too.

As Bungee mentioned, from the 4th of December the licencing laws are changing and the old "GFPT" will then be known as a "Recreational Pilot Licence" or RPL. The BAK theory exam will become the "RPL Theory Exam" but CASA has inferred this RPL theory exam will still be set by the flying schools just like the old BAK. We are still waiting on concrete confirmation of that.

The old SPL will also change to a "Student Pilot Certificate". Don't worry though. Any qualifications you have will carry over into the new system so you shouldn't lose any privileges once the changeover occurs. That means you can keep on with your training for now.

Happy landings and happy studying!

Cheers,

Rich

• Pavan_Pilot15
  • Topic Author

Pavan_Pilot15 replied the topic: PPL Study + Info About SPL

Thank for your info. I will read the website :)

• Pavan_Pilot15
  • Topic Author

Pavan_Pilot15 replied the topic: PPL Study + Info About SPL

Hi Mr Richard,
I have sent you a message to your inbox. Can you please reply to that :) Thank You for the important information So Far! :) Speak soon
-Pavan

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds