Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Query on TEM Question Answer :)

• Thank you received: 0

booradley created the topic: Query on TEM Question Answer :)

Hi team. Query regarding Volume 1 Page 272 TEM question 7:
"Entering the incorrect way-point data while operating in a stressful cockpit environment is an example of:"

I had a) Environmental threat leading to a Configuration error
Book answer on page 273 is b) Organisational threat leading to a committed error

To me, both answers aren't quite right:
a) I chose a) because the threat is the stressful cockpit environment. However I note that there is no such thing as a "Configuration Error" (ie its not one of handling, procedural or communication error types). This is however "Undesired Aircraft State relating to Aircraft Configuration", which is exactly what happened when the pilot mis-entered the way point data. So this answer felt better to me than....
b) I think is wrong primarily coz there is no such thing as a "Committed Error" - Although page 264 does list incorrect data entry by the pilot is an example of an organisational threat, which actually seems a bit weird to me.

So in line with CASA methodology, is b) the correct answer because its less wrong than a)?

To me, the right answer for the scenario would be something like
"Internal threat [stressful cockpit] leading to a Procedural error [failure to recognise the incorrect way point] leading to an incorrect Aircraft Configuration state [incorrect programming of GPS]

Any insight as to why b) is the more betterer answer than a) would be much appreciated!

Maybe the reason for why the incorrect waypoint data was used would be the tie-breaker? For example, if the source/reference for the waypoint was wrong, then I can completely accept b). If however the source/reference for the waypoint information was correct, but the pilot just entered the numbers wrong, I feel a) is the better answer.

Important note: I deliberately only used information contained in Bob Tait Vol 1 to formulate this query...

Thanks,
Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds